Westech RAPAD Innovation Space & Technology Precinct 2017
Westech in partnership with the Remote Area Planning and Development Board (RAPAD) invite you to experience this year’s Innovation Space and Technology Precinct.
The precinct is a first for the event and will see a coming together of leading ag-tech minds and entrepreneurs all in the one place providing exhibitors and visitors alike an ideal environment to be inspired, hear the latest global insights, and make connections to grow their ideas.
Some of the brightest minds from across the agricultural spectrum are coming (see flyer at the bottom of this page). Some are well known to the region and whilst others aren’t, they all have the same purpose, to help anyone coming to Westech make their idea happen.
The Free Entrepreneur Matching Program being run for the event allows you to book a ‘one on one mentoring moment’ with any of the guest speakers at a time that suits. Simply download a registration form from the bottom of the page, complete the details save it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The precinct is not just for adults. The Queensland Department of Education and Training will have their Creative Roadshow Youtube bus on site and Tim Gentle’s Digital Classroom On Wheels will also be there giving kids the opportunity to film dynamic digital content, broadcast technology and design and build a Leggo robot.
If you are looking to be inspired, are seeking new and innovative ways to embark on a new business or grow an existing one, or simply want to hear firsthand from those ‘in the know’, make a point of visiting the Innovations and Technology Precinct G01 centre oval.
TUES/WED PANEL SESSION PROGRAM
Panel sessions will be held in the Innovation and Technology Precinct Marquee, G01 centre Oval at the same time each Tuesday and Wednesday. It is free to attend and we hope to see you there.
Hear from five of Australia’s most successful entrepreneurs discuss their journey from beginning outback to now running million dollar global businesses outfront.
- Tim McGavin, ex Barcaldine, Founding Partner & CEO Laguna Bay Pastoral;
- Andrew Northcott, Exec Chairman & Founder Austpec Holdings;
- Drew Donald, Director Commercial Program Insitu Pacific Ltd;
- Rob McGavin, ex Barcaldine, Co Founder BBL Group; and
- Neil Glentworth, Exec Chairman & Founder GWI.
11.30am – 12:15pm
Hear from seven of Australia’s leading tech and innovation minds discuss what business means now, what innovation means to them and how technology and innovation can get outback communities, businesses and councils out front.
- Ilana Mycock, Head of Global Industries Telstra & Commercial helicopter pilot;
- Simon Perry, Global payments Atlassian, Founder & CEO The Cherry;
- Daniel Johnsen, Global Entrepreneur and RAPD Entrepreneur in Residence;
- Tim Sullivan, ex Barcaldine, Student engineer, Boeing Defence Australia;
- Dick Wiggers, Software Developer, Atlassian;
- Mart Trotter, Lecturer Central Queensland University; and
- Tim Gentle, Founder Think Digital.
You will have time after each panel session to chat with the speaker’s one on one. Can’t get to a panel session register for the free entrepreneur matching program and choose a time that suits you to talk to a speaker, most are here for both days of Westech. You can read the speaker’s full bio’s on the downloadable flyer at the bottom of the page.