In 2020, Westech Field Days are running a social media Rural Photography Competition as a fundraiser for the Rpyal Flying Doctors Service. The competition will run from January to May with a different theme being released each month and a guest judge for each category, choosing a single winning image. The 5 winning photos will be printed on large canvases to be displayed at Westech Field Days 2020. The prints will then be auctioned off, with the profits being halved between the photographer and the RFDS. Each winner will also receive 2 Westech day passes. Judges may award highly-commended’s where they see fit, however, no prizes will be awarded for this.
Terms & Conditions:
- This competition is open to photographers of all ages, amateur or professional.
- To enter photographs need to be uploaded to Facebook into the comments of the relevant category post.
- By entering this competition you agree to the following:
- While you retain ownership of your image, Westech Field Days has permission to use your image for any future photography competition promotional purposes they see fit.
- Winning images will be professionally reproduced on stretched canvas to be sold at auction. After Westech Field Days have been reimbursed for printing cost, 50% of the profit will be donated to the Royal Flying Doctor Service and the remaining 50% will be presented to the winning photographer.
- Judges decisions will be final and no discussion will be entered into regarding the decision making process.
- Entries will open for each month’s category on the 1st of the month and close at midnight on the 15th of the month. Late entries will not be considered.
- For each category the winner will receive 2 day passes to Westech Field Days 2020 and as stipulated above will receive 50% of the profit their print draws at auction. Up to 3 Highly Commended photographs will also be selected, winners notified and images featured on social media.
- Winners will be contacted through the social media account used to enter the competition. In the event that contact cannot be made by the time of the auction, 100% of the profit will be donated to the Royal Flying Doctors Service.